Occupational Therapist needed in the Tappahannock area.
PHRI is committed to improving the quality of life for patients by offering the highest standards of home health care and we want you to be a part of a dynamic growing company.
POSITION SCOPE: POSITION QUALIFICATION:
Provides occupational therapy services to home care clients in their home under a home health agency plan of treatment.
1. Graduated form an occupational therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and accreditation of the American Medical Association.
2. Has 2 years of appropriate experience as an occupational therapist.
1. Evaluates or assists the attending physician in evaluating the functional level of the patient in order to develop the plan of treatment.
2. Develops a patient’s plan of care for occupational therapy services.
3. Delivers services in accordance with the approved plan of treatment and plan of care.
4. Participated in the agency’s quality assurance review and evaluations of occupational therapy services.
5. Observes and reports to the attending physician and other agency staff, at least every 62 days, the patient’s reactions to treatments, improvement in functioning level and any other changes in the patient’s conditions or in the plan of care.
6. Prepares clinical notes and progress notes.
7. Provides or participates in staff training programs.
8. Instructs the patient, the patient’s caretaker or agency staff involved in assisting the patient, in self-exercise programs, when applicable.
9. Instructs the patient and his caretaker, when applicable, in the care and proper use of equipment and devices, such as wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, prosthetics, and orthopedic devices.
10. Guides the patient in his therapeutic, creative and self-care activities.
The work requires light to moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis such as: lifting bending, pushing, pulling stooping, kneeling, and reaching. Carrying of light to heavy items such as books, papers, files, medical/office supplies is expected to occur frequently as well as long periods of standing and sitting in the work area. This work also requires the ability to transport oneself to and from multiple work sites