Physical Therapist needed in the Montgomery County area.
PHRI is committed to improving the quality of life for patients by offering the highest standards of home health care and we want you to be a part of a dynamic growing company.
POSITION SCOPE: POSITION QUALIFICATION:
Provides physical therapy services to home care clients in their home under a home health agency plan of treatment.
1. Graduated from a physical therapy curriculum approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or has graduated from a physical therapy curriculum in a 4-year college or university approved by a State department of education.
2. Has 2 year of appropriate experience as a physical therapist.
3. Currently licensed in the state(s) of operation.
1. Evaluates or assists the attending physician in evaluating the functional level of the patient in order to develop the plan of treatment.
2. Develops a patient’s plan of care for physical therapy services.
3. Delivers services in accordance with the approved plan of treatment and plan of care.
4. Participates in the agency’s quality assurance review and evaluations of physical therapy services.
5. Observes and reports to the attending physician and other agency staff, at least every 62 days, the patient’s reactions to treatments and changes in the patient’s condition or plan of care.
6. Prepares clinical notes and progress notes.
7. Provides or participates in staff training programs.
8. Instructs the patient, his/her caretaker or agency staff involved in assisting the patient, in self-exercise programs, when applicable.
9. Instructs the patient and his/her caretaker, when applicable, in the care and proper use of equipment and devices, such as wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, prosthetics, and orthopedic devices.
The work requires light to moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis such as: lifting bending, pushing, pulling stooping, kneeling, and reaching. Carrying of light to heavy items such as books, papers, files, medical/office supplies is expected to occur frequently as well as long periods of standing and sitting in the work area. This work also requires the ability to transport oneself to and from multiple work sites.