Occupational Therapist - Per Diem, Weekend, Days, Varied Shifts
Chester County Hospital, part of Penn Medicine, is an organization dedicated to the health and well-being of the people in Chester County and the surrounding areas. The hospital – with a goal of making lives better every day – includes a 257-bed complex in West Chester and several satellite locations. We offer a rewarding work environment for those who find a sense of pride and satisfaction in knowing they have contributed to providing the highest quality in patient care.
In this role, you will plan, participate in and supervise occupational therapy programs according to electronic orders received and the individual needs of the patient/family identified during evaluation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement the daily plan of care, and administer clinical treatments.
• Instruct patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the occupational therapy treatment program.
• Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients as they practice exercises and functional activities.
• Confer with occupational/physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying and coordinating treatment.
• Observe patients during treatments to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress, and report to Lead Occupational Therapist.
• Secure patients into, onto or with therapy equipment.
• Maintain appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated on the electronic medical record or charting system.
• Complete all billing data entry, including daily charges and appropriate coding.
• Monitor support personnel (therapy assistants, students and volunteers).
• Participate in department operations (billing, phones, scheduling, etc.).
• Maintain department and health system competencies.
• Maintain licensure and educational requirements as mandated by PA Board of Examiners.
Education, Training and Experience
• Graduate of a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree curriculum in Occupational Therapy accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
• 2 years of acute care experience required.
• Knowledge of Universal Precautions Procedures.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Current Pennsylvania state license.
• CPR certification required.
• National Occupational Therapy Examination (NBCOT) Professional Association Certification preferred.
Candidates may apply online at www.chestercountyhospital.org.
Chester County Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.